Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!!

Hello!
Happy Valentines Day!! I hope everyone is having a great day!! Today at school I had a field trip about the Japanese Internment Camps during World War II. We drove around the city that we live in, and we learned about Japanese Internment Camps. At one of the places we went to, we had to write Haikus. Here are a few of the ones that I wrote. I'm not saying they are any good, I'm just saying that I wrote them.

Icy Fields of White
Branches Bow under the Weight
I see a tree fall.

Mother Bunny Hops
Guiding Her Children To Their Home
While The Cat Watches.

The Hummingbird sits
Drinking up the Sweet Nector
While the World Revolves.

I hope you like them! I didn't name any of them. The one about the Hummingbird is kind of weird. I don't know where I got the last line from. Whatever!! I also met the author David Patneaude today. He is the author of Thin Wood Wall, Colder Than Ice, Haunting at Home Plate, Someone was Watching, Dark Starry Morning, The Last Man's Reward, and Framed in Fire. I haven't read any of his books, so I don't know if he's a good author or not. Today I also visited a Japanese Garden with Haikus in it. Here are some of the Haikus in the garden.

The willow
waves smilingly
at the gate
Issa

Wake up, wake up,
sleeping butterfly-
let us be companions
Basho

They blossom
we gaze-
the petals scatter.
Onitsura

A single leaf falls
then suddenly another,
stolen by the breeze.
Ransetsu

How many, many things
they call to mind-
these cherry-blossoms
Basho

From what flowering tree
I know not-
but ah, the fragrance
Basho

The quiet pond;
a frog leaps in-
the sound of water
Basho

Ice and water,
their difference resolved,
are friends again
Teishitsu

I hope you liked those Haikus too!! So. . . have a great Valentines Day!!!
-Kaminsky

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenerator said...

I like the hummingbird haiku. It seems to me that some of the most interesting (best) things occur when you don't know where they come from. Did that make sense? I hope so, hopefully you know what I mean.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home